Celestica Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Buyer position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
- Plans for and procures materials necessary to meet manufacturing build requirements for one or several product lines.
- Reviews forecasted requirements and purchases materials in accordance with that forecast.
- Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements. Matches material requirements and inventory turnover so as not to hold too high of a percentage of inventory at any time.
- Qualifies new suppliers through survey and site visits.
- Helps establish new supplier accounts with finance department.
- Works with internal customers to address, return and receive credit for defective materials.
- Works with A/P to investigate and resolve issues with payment of supplier invoices.
- Plans and schedules timely material requirements for customer forecasts. Reviews manufacturing production goals and plans accordingly.
- Analyzes inputs (e.g., capacity, board cycle times, urgency of request, material availability, etc.) to help determine schedule. Analyzes internal impact (e.g., line scheduling, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.) of customer scheduling. Pushes or cancels orders per production plans.
- Ensures quality and integrity of information used to generate materials requirements plan.
- Revises plans as required based on analysis of actuals versus plan.
- Acts as a customer liaison with new product introduction.
- Introduces the new product through manufacturing to shipping per customer requirements. Attends weekly change meetings with the customer.
- Reviews and submits new cost associated with new engineering requirements.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies / Administration / Management, Economics, Commerce or equivalent related field.
- Min 3-10 years experience in the related department.
- Candidates fluent in mandarin preferred as role requires candidate to deal with mandarin speaking clients.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment, the types of materials being purchased by departments and the engineering change process is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of production planning fundamentals, scheduling, materials requirements planning techniques and manufacturing control systems
- Knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management
- Knowledge of basic computer applications such as WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and multiple business applications.
- Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated build and delivery of one or several products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Relevant experience with ERP / MRP especially in SAP will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.