Repton International School ( Malaysia ) is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for University Guidance Counselling Head position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The position will require the candidate to setup the University Guidance Counselling unit in a school context. The specific functions of this University Guidance Counselling unit is to:
· Lead and manage University Guidance Counselling
· Establish partnerships with Universities in Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand to provide progression pathways for our VHS student.
· Negotiate placement agreements with selected partner universities for students
· Keep up to date with the policies and be well acquainted with the application procedures and dates at each university.
· Develop a structured holistic university guidance counselling programme
· Provide advice on career guidance and university admission opportunities.
· Coordinate the organisation of regular university admission activities that include workshops and training sessions.
· Produce information on university admission and placement opportunities at universities including a database on universities in Singapore, US, UK, Australia and New Zealand
· Assist students in university applications to good universities
· Liaising with universities in relation to students’ application, and developing relations and understanding with these universities
· Provide advice and guidance to colleagues involved in supporting student with the university application process
· Maintain a database on students’ final progression destinations
· Professional qualification in Career & Guidance Counselling or related (essential)
· Able to communicate in both English and Mandarin
· Minimum of five years of work experience as a University Guidance Counsellor in a tertiary institution
· Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
· Supervisory management experience
· Customer service orientation
· Confident interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
· Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
· Intermediate IT skills.
We plan to continue raising the bar of future schooling and childcare by challenging complacency and pioneering a forward-thinking approach today and every day.
Repton’s success can be attributed to an unrelenting quest for excellence in all that we do and the dedication of our staff and leadership.
We know that Repton is only as good as the relationship between our staff, the children and our parents and we plan to continue listening and responding to parents’ needs, quickly and effectively.
We are delighted that our first school is sited in Johor Bahru. From September 2020, your child will have access to British international education of the very highest quality from 3 – 18 years old. Repton Malaysia will follow the English National Curriculum, IGCSE and IB Diploma and A Level programmes.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.