Masterbrand Cabinets Inc. is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Timber-Lumber Buyer position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Key Responsibilities for the Timber/Lumber Buyer:
· Coordinates all activities related to procurement of Logs and kiln dried lumber beginning with intent to purchase through delivery to our suppliers.
· Analyzes the requirements of the lumber, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
· Solicits and evaluates proposals, contracts, and RFQ/RFP.
· Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements including Lacey Compliance.
· Visit new and existing suppliers to maintain and build supplier relationships.
· Advises suppliers, team members, and management on the appropriate suppliers to be used.
· Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the lumber balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs in changing market conditions.
· Assures that the lumber is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the suppliers and Masterbrand company.
· Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
· Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute lumber in a cost effective manner.
· Insure adequate inventories at all times.
· Check lumber inspection reports and invoices. Help Masterbrand suppliers settle claims and differences.
· Plans and organizes own work including travel schedule with approvals.
· Submit written reports, updates to Global Lumber Market as necessary.
· Maintain memberships in professional organizations to ensure networking opportunities are maximized.
Required Qualifications for the Timber/Lumber Buyer:
· Two or Four year degree in forest products, wood technology, forestry or ten years of relevant experience required
· Requires knowledge of Global hardwood lumber markets, global grading/supply rules, INCO terms, and Governmental Regulation and Compliance.
· Previous hardwood lumber or timber purchasing experience is preferred.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Must possess a high level of personal and professional integrity
· Be well organized, strong verbal and written communication skills in English is a must. Vietnamese, Mandarin and/or other languages is a plus.
· Must be able to travel 40% of the time
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor Bahru.