University of Reading Malaysia (JB) is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Teaching & Learning Officer position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
School/Department: Teaching and Learning Office
Reports to: Academic Director of Teaching and Learning
• To support the enhancement of teaching, learning and assessment within the University by supporting the work of CQSD, ADTL and CDAT, as appropriate
Main duties and responsibilities
• Support the delivery of the Teaching and Learning Programme, which offers a range of developmental opportunities for academic staff and staff supporting teaching and learning.
• Works closely with the Centre for Quality Support and Development (CQSD), Academic Director (Teaching and Learning) and Campus Director of Academic Tutoring (CDAT)
• Support the University’s HEA accredited FLAIR Framework (the Academic Practice Programme for new staff and the CPD route for experienced colleagues)
• Travel arrangements for trainers such as accommodation and transportation.
• Oversee training schedules, ensuring that programmes are delivered on time and according to internal timelines. Additionally, work with Department Heads and Company Leadership to determine when to schedule training sessions and programs to prevent excessive business interruption.
• Manage logistics for training sessions and support trainers in the delivery sessions through organisation of necessary materials, facilities, equipment and refreshments
• Maintain training attendance, records and facilitator/attendee training materials
• Use questionnaires and evaluation forms to track participants’ satisfaction level with the training programme, content etc.
• Secretary to Teaching and Learning committees including Teaching and Learning Committee, Academic Board etc.
• Support non-Teaching and Learning committee activities, as requested
• Participation in UoRM committees / working groups representing Teaching and Learning Office, such as Graduation
• Works closely with the Campus Director of Academic Tutoring (CDAT, equivalent to SDAT) to ensure Academic Tutors and students are supported appropriately
• Provide administration and coordination of submitted Extenuating Circumstances (EC) requests, including accurate maintenance of records for audit purposes.
• Provide support to students and Academic Tutors regarding EC application queries
• Inform students of the CDAT decision in a timely and accurate manner, following UK policies and processes wherever appropriate
• Liaise with Programme Administrators to ensure decisions are actioned accurately and appropriately
• Ensure all assessment affected by ECs are communicated to Programme Leads and Exam Boards in a timely and accurate manner
The post-holder will report to the Academic Director of Teaching and Learning.
The post holder will have contact with Programme Administrators, Human Resources, Executive Office, CQSD and the ADTL
There are no specified hours of work, but you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out the duties associated with the post.
This document outlines the duties required for the time being of the post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the line manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
• Ability to prioritise and manage projects and initiatives
• Ability to enthuse and motivate colleagues
• Ability to persuade and influence
• IT literate
• Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent writing skills, including an ability to write clearly and concisely about complex and strategic matters
• Excellent oral communication skills
• FHEA (or equivalent)
• Evidence of own continuing professional development
• In-depth knowledge of the UKPSF
• Experience of teaching on an academic practice programme
• Track record of designing academic professional development activities which successfully engage staff
• Keen to build on new ideas and to seek out opportunities for constructive change
• Well organised and thorough with an eye for detail
• Professional in all situations
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Approachable and adaptable and flexible
• Willing to contribute to the broad aims of the office
We are an international branch campus of the University of Reading, UK. Our stunning, modern campus is located in Educity, Iskandar Puteri, a strategic initiative by the government to establish what is now a rapidly-emerging international hub for education. The campus building is a spacious, eco-friendly facility that houses IT-enabled classrooms, lecture theatre, labs, a learning resource centre and student social areas all under one roof. As part of Educity, staff and students have access to world-class sports facilities.
We focus on high-quality teaching and research and offer degrees in professional disciplines that mirror those found on the UK campus. Schools represented on campus include the renowned Henley Business School, School of Law, School of Built Environment and School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences. We place significant emphasis on the student experience, employability, industry links and supporting the Iskandar community.
University of Reading Malaysia (UoRM) is a wholly-owned international branch campus of the University of Reading. The University of Reading is one the UK’s leading research intensive universities and is consistently ranked in league tables for its high-quality teaching and research, internationalisation, and graduate employability. UoRM is an integral part of the University’s global strategy, together with the NUIST-Reading Academy in Nanjing China and various other international partnerships.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of the dynamic team at University of Reading Malaysia. You have a great attitude along with energy and enthusiasm. You are dedicated, self-motivated and able to learn quickly. You enjoy being part of a team and working with others in a collaborative manner. You are always professional and respectful.
COME AND JOIN US
University of Reading Malaysia,
PTD 154972, Persiaran Graduan,
79200 Iskandar Puteri
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.