University of Southampton Malaysia is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Teaching Assistant for Mechanical Engineering position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The University is seeking applications for a Teaching Assistant in the area of Mechanical Engineering.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities include:
- To actively participate in the teaching objectives by managing and engaging in a range of contributions to the practical aspects of the education programme.
- To provide as required, supervision of Part 1 and 2 Undergraduate laboratory exercises. Instruction to Mechanical Engineering and Aero&Astro students in techniques and practices that will enhance their practical skills.
- To allocate resources according to the associated budgets.
- Assembly, maintenance, regular testing and issuing of the specialised laboratory kits and equipment that are used by students. Includes testing of software associated with labs on university workstations.
- To work with other technical staff who have responsibilities for the undergraduate laboratory work.
- To liaise with the University of Southampton Malaysia (UoSM) academic staff to ensure consistent delivery of teaching laboratory exercises and working practices across both campuses.
- To advise and assist students on a variety of practical activities, which are closely associated with their undergraduate laboratory programme.
- All of the above functions in the context of an awareness of Health and Safety issues.
Applicants applying for the Teaching Assistant position should possess qualifications and experience which include:
- Degree and equivalent professional qualifications and/or experience in the mechanical/aeronautical engineering.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, significant experience within Mechanical/Aeronautical engineering and experience of computer programming.
- Good understanding and knowledge of fundamental electrical and electronic circuits.
- Proven ability to work closely with senior colleagues and students to ensure delivery of practical learning outcomes associated with the engineering programmes. Capability to prioritise and organise activities for adherence to deadlines.
- Proven ability to resolve issues with lab equipment and setup, including commissioning new experimental kits. Ability to overcome technical problems and to formulate or implement solutions to these.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate lab delivery enhancements. Proven ability to coach and support students/tutorial groups/colleagues.
- Work effectively in a team, understanding the strengths and weaknesses of others to ensure delivery of the practical aspects of the programmes.
- Communicate new and complex information effectively, both verbally and in writing, engaging the interest and enthusiasm of the target audience.
Expected start period: August 2021
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor Bahru.