Hershey Malaysia Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Staff Research Scientist Product Development position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The Staff Research Scientist provides project leadership on projects of significant importance and high complexity by leveraging extensive knowledge and experience to drive chocolate product innovation and growth for global locations with a focus on the APAC region and on any product that would be developed at the Malaysia plant. The candidate
will accomplish this by:
- Lead chocolate product innovation projects to support the business in APAC region.
- Lead new raw materials and suppliers development, new product design, new recipe development and
- Continuous improvement, new process design and existing process optimization.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Global R&D, Operations, QRC and other business partners to ensure new innovation launch successfully in the APAC region.
- Collaborate with Operations, QRC, Engineering to support continuous improvement program.
- Lead projects that are of significant importance and high complexity.
- Participating in the innovation process with the Chocolate Strategic Business Unit in APAC Region
- Problem solving through application of knowledge and creative thinking
- Observing, recording and evaluating experimental data to draw conclusions
- Preparing project reports and presentations
- Supporting technical capabilities of vendors of ingredients
- Providing instruction to Technical Support employees and junior research scientist
- Keep close communication with Global R&D community.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Food Science or Food Engineering is desirable.
- Fluent English written and spoken is required.
- The candidate will have knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), analytical techniques, chocolate, confectionary or snacks technologies, research methodology and experience in projects process.
- Candidates should be comfortable operating laboratory, pilot plant and plant equipment and possess excellent math and computer skills.
- The candidate much be able to work independently, and as part of a team in a fast-paced, growth oriented business.
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and approximately 14,000 employees.
With revenues of more than $6.6 billion USD, Hershey offers confectionery products under more than 80 brand names, including such iconic brands as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Hershey's Special Dark, Twizzlers, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers. The company is focused on growing its presence in key international markets such as China, Mexico and Brazil while continuing to build its competitive advantage in the United States and Canada.
To facilitate strong international growth, Hershey has been making tremendous investment and hiring the brightest people to grow with the company across AEMEA region (Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa). In 2013, Hershey announced plans to build a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Johor, Malaysia to support growing consumer demand in the regional and provide easy distribution access to more than 25 markets across Asia. The Johor plant, a $250 million USD (RM816 million) investment, represents the single- largest investment in Asia during the company’s 18-year history in the region. Once completed in 2015, the Malaysia plant will be the one of the largest facilities in Hershey’s global manufacturing network with 700,000 total square feet. The plant will also have the capacity to produce the broadest array of finished products of any Hershey factory outside of the United States and Mexico, including millions of HERSHEY’S KISSES each day.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor Bahru.