People Pathfinders Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Operations Specialist position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Our client is an established logistics solutions provider for air, ocean, local transportation, and warehousing solutions around the globe.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Specialist will be responsible for:
· Daily Import and Export coordination & correspondence with clients, service providers, and internal team.
· Preparation of documents for international transportation and ensure smooth and timely freight process flow.
· Working with approved Service Provider for Customs declaration and all requirements related to Customs or government agency for all Ocean Export and Import shipments.
· Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the operating system and monitor shipment status/reports to ensure total customer satisfaction.
· Provide customer services to arrange shipments and meeting customer service standards.
· Monitor inbound and Outbound sailing schedules for all shipments.
· Coordinate with our contracted/approved service providers in procuring space and services.
· Ensure accurate and timely clients, intercompany and vendors invoicing.
· Ensure all client invoices are submitted/dispatched to the client on-time.
· Validating vendor invoices and accruals timely
· Operate in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as Cargo Wise Operational Process Standards and external government regulations or customer policies/requirements.
· Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency. Utilize tools as required and recommended by the Manager.
· Ensure all customers' standard operating procedures are followed as per the SOP set up.
· Work with the team on meeting KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures
· Support the Supervisor in the following areas where required:
Ø Daily review of operational reports to ensure timely update of event codes.
Ø Audit files and work with the team on meeting operating process standards
Ø Build and maintaining strong relationships with Customers and all Service Providers (Carriers, trucking companies, and others).
Ø Evaluate vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvements with improvement plans where needed.
Ø Assist the manager and supervisor in timely responding to requests for rates with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer.
Ø Participate in the transition of new business/ updates to an existing business.
Ø Assist where needed with the provision of rates to overseas offices.
· Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
· Accurate and timely billing of vendors and resolving accounting issues.
· Managing COD accounts for payment
· Managing profitability of each job.
The candidate criteria:
· A recognized degree
· At least 3 years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry or related field.
· Standard Operational Procedures for Ocean Product Operations
· Familiar with International Freight Shipping Terms (Incoterms)
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Efficient Time Management
· Problem-solving ability
· Versatility and flexibility in thinking and operational capability
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
· Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates are notified.
People Pathfinders is a manpower solutions company that help organisations in their recruitment needs by providing consultancy services, understanding the organisation needs, sourcing, and assessing the right and quality talent for our clients. We tailor made and deliver innovative recruitment solutions according to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are trusted, credible and committed advisors across industries. We care about the working professional career and development, helping talent to find sustainable employment and suitable company. We treat every candidate equally important, having their interest at heart, bringing the best of their potential.
People Pathfinders partners with trustworthy and reliable clients, we are committed to develop talents in the region. We provide training and development solutions for our clients according to their business needs and fulfilling their company vision.
Apart from talent solutions, training and development programs, People Pathfinders also provide HR solutions offering payroll services, career planning and deployment. We help our clients to resolve their operational problems and focus their time on more important tasks.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor, Selangor, Penang.