People Pathfinders Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Operations Manager position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Our client is an established logistics solutions provider for air, ocean, local transportation, and warehousing solutions around the globe.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Operations Manager will be providing leadership, direction, and strategy to the operations team to achieve operational excellence and efficiency.
• Oversee the daily operations in the airfreight and ocean freight import/export activities, planning, workflow processes, and customs compliance in achieving operational excellence and efficiency.
• Ensure that the forwarding and dispatch of goods and any other requirements are achieved within agreed specific client service standards.
• Ensure all documentation is filed and updated regularly.
• Monitor job files/KPIs/reports and productivity for the department.
• Ensure all customers standard operating procedures (SOP) are documented and kept up-to-date
• Ensure customer satisfaction and retention in resolving operational matters and disputes.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Service Providers (airlines, trucking companies, and others), involved in procurement and capacity management.
• Evaluate vendors at defined intervals per company policy, focusing on areas of possible improvement with corrective action plans where needed.
• Involved in the hiring of the team.
· Ensuring cost-effectiveness and profitability for all jobs.
· Complete all month-end processes within agreed deadlines.
· Ensuring expenses and costs are kept at a minimum level.
· Resolving financial related matters with the internal finance team.
· Maximizing airfreight and sea freight gross profit at all times by checking vendor cost, buying rate, and selling rate.
· Communication on rate increases and implementation internally and externally in an accurate and timely manner.
· Process import/export Sea and Air Freight profit share, managing payable accounts to service providers such as airlines, truckers etc.
· Supporting Branch Manager with the preparation of annual department budget
· Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized.
· Manage intercompany accounting discrepancies.
· Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance with company contract policies prior to being signed
· Observe all company quality & OHS requirements, follow all procedures and reporting requirements in relation to the company OHS policies and working instructions.
· Reporting incidents and hazards as per the relevant working instructions.
· A recognized degree
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the freight forwarding/logistics industry
· Strong operations and logistics industry knowledge
· Proven people management and leadership experience
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Excel pivoting)
· Effective negotiation skills
· Efficient Time Management
· Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
· Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly.
Only shortlisted candidates are notified.
People Pathfinders is a manpower solutions company that help organisations in their recruitment needs by providing consultancy services, understanding the organisation needs, sourcing, and assessing the right and quality talent for our clients. We tailor made and deliver innovative recruitment solutions according to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are trusted, credible and committed advisors across industries. We care about the working professional career and development, helping talent to find sustainable employment and suitable company. We treat every candidate equally important, having their interest at heart, bringing the best of their potential.
People Pathfinders partners with trustworthy and reliable clients, we are committed to develop talents in the region. We provide training and development solutions for our clients according to their business needs and fulfilling their company vision.
Apart from talent solutions, training and development programs, People Pathfinders also provide HR solutions offering payroll services, career planning and deployment. We help our clients to resolve their operational problems and focus their time on more important tasks.
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.