GKN Engine Systems Component Repair Sdn. Bhd. is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Manufacturing Engineer position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Under routine supervision, determines, through on-the-job experience and academic preparation, the optimal manufacturing methods and processes for producing company products. Generally will see a product through to satisfactory production, coordinating the manufacturing processes involved to meet customer, government and company requirements.
- Analyzes engineering design documents to establish manufacturing methods and processes to manufacture a component, including creating conceptual sketches and initiating the design and building of required tooling within established budgets and submits for appropriate approvals.
- Provides program management for individual parts, develops and maintains all production plans including sequencing of events for efficient, cost-effective manufacturing and coordinates all phases of manufacture, including process planning, tooling, and components manufacture assuring compliance to customer and company requirements.
- Maintains accurate files on parts.
- Continually evaluates alternative manufacturing methods/processes for cost reductions, improved products, competitive manufacturing advantage and capacity limitations.
- Analyzes discrepant parts, dispositions nonconforming material reports, and prepares rework/repair procedures and customer submittal documents, as required.
- Instructs production workers and shop supervisors in proper use of tools and implementation of planned methods and processes, and provides technical support as problems occur, analyzing and researching solutions and implementing corrective action, as needed.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Aerospace/Aviation/Mechanical) or related fields.
Experience & Qualifications
Requires minimum of five (5) years of directly related technical experience in an engineering discipline, preferably in manufacturing aerospace / MRO environment.
Must have an understanding of fabrication, assembly and math, including algebra, trigonometry and special relations.
Expected to be familiar with material processes and the use of and design of tools, fixtures & gauges.
Prefer some working knowledge of MS-Office, SAP, MS-Project, CAD softwares.
The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
Experience working with the following processes in preferred:
Thermal Spray (Plasma & HVOF)
Welding (TIG & EB)
Tool Design & Fabrication
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor Bahru.