Kerry Ingredients (M) Sdn Bhd is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Category Technologist (Food Packaging) position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
The Category Technologist (Food Packaging) is part of the Research, Development & Application (RD&A) team. He/she will perform core, process-oriented tasks relating to materials creation/extension, provide technical expertise and advice, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
• A subject matter expert who is giving technical advice to RD&A Scientists, Marketing and Operations team on selection of packaging materials
• Provide technical support on quality / operational issues related to packaging materials if required
• Conduct packaging material evaluation, coordinate plant trial runs and qualifying packaging material with stakeholders sign off.
• Work with supply chain to optimise usage of packaging material stock and to review for substitution in situation of stock shortage
• Packaging Material (VERP) setup for NPI, code creation, extension, block approval in SAP MDG and related documents review in line with associated governing processes
• Initiate the documentation request to suppliers include following up with suppliers for packaging specifications, artworks, control cards, test results, etc, in partnership with Regulatory Affairs (RA) and Buyers
• Manage VERP integration process for the sites of new acquisition
• Manage packaging material change and coordinate between site operations, quality and supply chain on existing stock depletion and phasing in of new material
• Co-ordinate VERP functionality and shelf life details from supplier. Any need for shelf life extension require coordination with application test with RD&A scientist involvement.
• Co-ordinate VERP samples in between external suppliers and Kerry RD&A team.
• Custodian of packaging materials library and technical documents and accountable for technical aspects of packaging materials
• Coordinate, review and approve the technical aspects of Profit Improvement Program’s relating to the packaging material category with Category Buyers, manage use of opportunistic packaging material purchase
• Proactively drive innovation and PIP ideas to build the pipeline towards execution and update the progress status in SFDC and to the relevant stakeholders
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or technical fields;
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in Food Packaging or related industry
• Strong technical knowledge in food packaging materials (Rigid, Flexible, Paper Based, Labels, etc) with exposure to effects of packaging on food product’s quality and shelf life
• Good understanding on packaging development, label development, packaging manufacturing processes and control parameters.
• Adequate understanding on food packaging related regulations, testings and sustainability requirements
• Technical and business understanding of market trends & requirements, and cost drivers to develop applicable solutions
• Have the ability to coordinate and drive projects forward while liaising/ interacting with multiple functions stakeholders in fast pace business environment
• Good communication and writing skills in English
Kerry has been present in Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa (APMEA) region since 1997 and has grown its business to become a supplier of choice for our regional and local customers. Kerry employs nearly 4,000 talented people across the region and, being a truly global company, our employees have opportunities to develop their careers in a global environment, with training, career development and international opportunities across the global Kerry footprint.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.