Sealand - A Maersk Company is looking for new potential candidates to fill in for Cargo Controller (24/7) position. If you currently looking for new job opportunities and qualified with the job desc, feel free to apply this job.
Core focus areas are:
- Cargo Management
- Cargo Execution Exception
- Global, multi-cultural communication and interaction.
- Creation of global network within AP Moller group and externally with terminal counterpart.
- Operation strategy development and execution.
- Understanding commercial priorities and drivers.
- Diverse stake-holder management internally and externally.
- The role is open for further grow and opportunities. Hence the successful candidate, based on his/her own performance, merit and strong drive, may able to grow the job role as he/she grow with it.
- Enable smooth load- and discharge operations for Maersk Group cargo. Manages the load-, discharge- and manifest-processes in the all SAS ports except China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Pro-actively resolve load list challenges avoiding cargo being left behind and improve upstream process to structurally increase the load list accuracy
- Analyzes root causes on unfavorable cost, identifies impacting actions and drives the implementation of cost saving initiatives.
- Improve customer’s satisfaction by ensuring cargo is delivered as per our promise
- Builds strong working relationships with key internal-, external stakeholders, like container terminals and authorities, to continuously drive down cost, improve the product delivered to our customers and optimize processes.
- Manage and execute cargo execution exception timely and accurately.
To qualify for the position, the ideal candidate should have the following educational backgrounds, technical qualifications, broad level of experiences and following personal traits:
- Bachelor Graduate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in container operations.
- Able to work on 24/7 shifting pattern.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication.
- Candidate with IT background/understanding (e.g. Macro, MS Access, etc) will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the operational business processes across the container business scope.
- Have good understanding in berthing, cargo and stowage processes.
- Experience/acumen in working in container business networks.
- Self-starter and strong result driver.
- Strong numerical and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate is strongly preferred to have the ability to postulate solutions on a complex and cross functional issues by integrating different knowledge and system.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset. The successful candidate is expected to be able to define, implement and execute permanent solutions to ensure long term stability of the process.
- Microsoft office savvy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How To Apply
If you confident and feel that this job is suitable to you, go ahead take your action now.
Hope you find your dream job in Johor.